Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and contains iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E, and fiber. It is one of only a few plant foods that are considered a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids.
Daily use of quinoa can reduce the risk of:
HOW TO USE
Rinsing quinoa with water before consuming.
It is recommended to consume 50 grams per day
HOW TO COOK
- 1 cup (milk) your choice of seed, dairy, soy or almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water.
- Combine with the water in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat – cover and cook for 10 minutes until soft
- Add milk, apple, cinnamon, seeds and vanilla.
- Cook for 5 minutes until creamy – add more milk if needed for a creamier texture.
- Add sugar or honey as you desired