For a video Click here
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon live culture addition, such as kombucha, raw apple cider vinegar, yogurt, kefir, etc.
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar ( or sweetener of choice)
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon, opt.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, opt.
- -24 hours beforehand, combine the warm water with the quinoa and live culture addition. Cover and keep in a warm place.
- Rinse quinoa really well in a fine sieve.
- Place quinoa with the coconut milk, water, sweetener, and optional spices in a small pan, and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Turn heat to low, and cover. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings such as nuts, berries, milk, coconut milk, coconut flakes, coconut sugar, maple syrup, etc.